Solheim Cup 2023 - Official Team Europe Supplier
2023 will see the Solheim Cup take center stage at Finca Cortesin, Andalucia, Spain from the 22nd to the 24th of September. The 2023 competition will be the 18th event in its history with the US leading Europe by 10-7 in overall standings.
As a global partner, PING will be the Offical team supplier for Team Europe during the whole week as team Europe attempts to take home the coveted Solheim Cup trophy for the 8th time.
As Team Europe take to the first tee, sport the official Team Europe kit as they look to take the victory.
As moving day approaches, cheer on Team Europe in the official uniform for Day 2.
Be a part of the team in the final day's colours, as Team Europe look to retain the Solheim Cup trophy.
Solheim Cup History
- 1975: PING’s dedication to supporting the women’s game stems from the mid-1970s, when founder, Karsten Solheim and his wife Louise began sponsoring LPGA events. The first was the Karsten-PING open, held in Phoenix in 1975.
- 1990: The birth of the Solheim Cup. PING has since enjoyed a long-standing and strong relationship with the biennial contest, having played an important part in the competition’s inception in 1990, with the tournament subsequently being named after Karsten and Louise Solheim, PING’s founders.
- 2002: Inaugurated in 2002, the PING Junior Solheim Cup is a version of The Solheim Cup for the stars of tomorrow (amateurs aged 18 and under) and follows a similar format to the senior event, featuring the top 12 European junior amateurs versus their American counterparts at the beginning of the Solheim Cup week.
“Karsten loved ladies’ golf. He felt the lady professionals did not get as much recognition as their male counterparts and that is why he sponsored various LPGA events dating back to 1975."
“When the opportunity to sponsor a Ryder Cup-like ladies’ event was presented to my parents, they embraced the idea wholeheartedly. Karsten thought it would be a wonderful arena for the ladies from Europe and the USA to be recognised for their golf skills and talents.”
John A. Solheim
Solheim Cup Memories
Karsten and Louise Solheim take a seat at the opening ceremony of the first-ever Solheim Cup hosted in 1990.
Crowds gather around the green at the 1992 Solheim cup at Dalmahoy Country Club, Edinburgh, Scotland.
Team Europe take the win in PING uniform at the 2021 Solheim Cup at the Inverness Club in Toledo, Ohio.
Solheim Cup Trophy
The Solheim Cup trophy was designed by Billy Briggs, in 1990, the year of the first Solheim Cup tournament. The trophy is made from impressive crystal-cut glass which features the Solheim Cup logo.
Presented to the winning team’s captain, the Solheim Cup remains a prestigious honour for those who take the glory.
- Weight: More than 20 pounds
- Height: 19 inches, including the base
- Diameter of wooden base: 8 inches
- Diameter at top: 4 inches
Junior Solheim Cup
Introduced in 2002 by John Solheim, PING’s Chairman and CEO, the Junior Solheim Cup has seen some of the game's future stars take their first steps in competitive golf.
Based on the same format as the Solheim Cup, the Junior Solheim Cup is played the week of the main competition by girls aged between 12-18 and gives them the opportunity to follow in the footsteps of their peers - providing the perfect platform for talented young girls to express their potential.
PING have been a proud sponsor of the Junior Solheim Cup by providing team uniforms so that golfers can look and play their best.
SLIM-LEG PERFORMANCE TROUSER
Using a 4-way stretch fabric for comfort and flexibility, the Alderley trouser is cut slim through the hips, knee and ankle, to create a contemporary slim fitting silhouette. Available in a range of colours to suit every wardrobe, pick which Alderley trouser fits your game.
Cut with a straight leg from hip to ankle, creating a classic silhouette, the Bradley trouser keeps you looking smart on and off the fairways. The regular fit provides lightweight, comfort and freedom of movement to perform at your highest level.
Available in a wide range of core colour options for you to complete your outfit head to toe.
- EXCLUSIVEWomen's Solheim Cup 2023 VisorAs low as £30.00
- EXCLUSIVEWomen's Solheim Cup 2023 CapAs low as £30.00
Ultimate waterproof and windproof protection from all the elements. Air permeable ensuring true breathability. Cut in lightweight and noiseless fabrics for no distraction in play. Stretch fabrics cut and engineered to move with your game.
Feel the performance thanks to tiny microfibers that trap greater quantities of air, resulting in superior thermal performance and softer feel. A permanent water-resistant finish means performance, even when wet, and unmatched breathability keeps you ventilated in the most challenging of climates.